Friday 5 December 2008

Eating The Olives.

This is really what it's all about, isn't it? At the end of the visit were plates piled with tasty treats all involving olive oil. It was incredibly hard to take these photos because of the sheer number of people grabbing the evidence. Unsurprising given how good it was..

There was a plate of tapenade, the photo underneath, a paste made from black olives, anchovies, capers and olive oil and a plate of Brissauda, with the method written out at the side: bread, in this case baguette, a crushed clove of garlic, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of good olive oil..this is where you do need your extra virgin olive oil. If you like food with lots of flavour then you'll love this though there are problems associated with the eating of it: firstly, it's hard to stop and secondly, no one will want to speak to you for a while after..

3 comments:

Virginia said...

OH love tapande! Yum. I will post a photo from and olive oil store in the Marais I took. I brought home truffle cream and a gift box of goodies I haven't tried yet.

Maria said...

Oh these breads look yummy!
I love your story about the olive oil although the mill is as romantic as you (and I) would have expected it to be ;)
I always admire people who work physically, for instance your lady harvesting 75 olive trees! It reminds me of my childhood where there still were small farms with lots of manual labour and the whole family came helping to pick grapes, slice feathers).
Have a nice week!

Maria said...

... mill is NOT as romantic...