Monday 5 January 2009

Time To Move On


I would love Christmas just for the decorations. I enjoy the colour and sparkle at a grey and dreary time of year. It cheers me up enormously to see the style, elegance and exuberance of some of the local decorations.
However, with tomorrow being the Feast of the Kings, the Epiphany, it's time to move on so this my last holiday photo till next year..though the decorations will remain up till the end of January when we celebrate the Fete du Raisin. It's all party, party, party here, you know!

7 comments:

Kate said...

I'm not sure what to make of this "decoration" of Santa. Looks a little malevolent because he is being hanged!!

Hilda said...

Kate's comment made me look at the image closer. He's climbing — am I relieved! Who'd want to hang Santa Claus?!

Aside from the Christmas decorations, I love all the plants squeezed into that little space. Now that's making the most of what you have.

I had to look up Fete du Raisin. Valbonne is also in a grape-producing region? I hope you post photos of the festival!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Snats looks like he has had enough.

angela said...

Hanging Santa..now there's a thought! He's actually climbing but from this angle it's hard to see..
Yes, Hilda, I'm definitely intending to post photos from the Fete du Raisin..it's a colourful affair..

George said...

I assume the house has no chimney, forcing Santa to climb to the window.
Our decorations will come down tomorrow and the Christmas music will be put away for another year.

soulbrush said...

ha ha santa getting hanged?? enjoy your ohotos they're so bright and 'happy'.

bitingmidge said...

And is that red carpet in the street?

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia