Tuesday 16 December 2008

Christmas Party


When I was teaching in the UK every so often I'd come across a class in which the chemistry between the individuals was such that they were a joy to teach. A class like that is every teacher's dream. Here's an example of such a class that I take now, the group of thirteen adults I teach in the village every Monday evening. I cannot tell you how much pleasure it gives me to work with them or how much fun we have. This was a photo I took during our Christmas aperitif party last night (as you can see I took along Christmas crackers)

5 comments:

Jilly said...

What a great group, Angela. Do you teach English or French?

angela said...

Oh Jilly, I'd love to be able to say French but...no this is a French group learning English..

Kate said...

Ah, nothing like good friends and good food. Doesn't hurt to have good students, too!

Hilda said...

What fun! I'm so glad you like your class — I think it's the greatest blessing that a teacher can have! (I used to teach in the late 80s to early 90s and my husband still teaches.)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Gary still does supply teaching( he packed in full time to persue the artwork) and he would empathise with this scene totally. This would be a rarity in the UK now.